Monday, April 7, 2008

woah it's been awhile!

i guess that is what happens when you work 10 hour days for 3 months... no time to blog, and too tired to notice anything happening around me!

however... last night...

i took the train from Rutland Vt after visiting my dear friend adrian (with a stop in burlington to see my brother) - i arrived in penn station, and was walking towards the exit. I got on an escalator that went to the street level - and i see the man infront of me get on his knees on the step of the escalator, put both hands down on the step infront of him... and KISS THE STEP. maybe he had wanted to go to nyc his whole life? it was a new beginning? he had no bags, was dressed normally... what could possess someone to KISS AN ESCALATOR STEP? i was so intrigued by it... he walked infront of me for a bit, and at one point asked someone for money. she said "no." it was all very, very strange.

i then got to my subway, and waited for my train to come. it came, and i got on it (picture me with a huge backpack, HUGE tote and my big purse) - and i sat down... some girl squeezed herself between me and some guy which i found highly annoying. anyway, i sat there, minding my own business, listening to my ipod... and i had to adjust my bags at one point and i noticed the guy sitting across from me (who was dressed very respectably) watching me, and he was muttering. so i thought he was trying to tell me something about my bags, but i quickly looked away. my bags were fine. i then looked at the guy again, and noticd he was staring at everyone and muttering. then he was swatting his ear like there was water in it or something. at first i thought perhaps instead of silently judging everyone like i do, he was merely whispering his judgements out. then, when he started swatting his ear, i thought perhaps he was talking to some people in his head... i'm not sure, but i will admit i was relieved that he got off the train 2 stops before me...

and that was my sunday night on the subway...

i'll try to be better, i promise!!! i go back to my normal hours TOMORROW!!!!!! hooray!

No comments: